TEACHING-EMPOWERING-MENTORING-BUILDING OPPORTUNITY Mission: to partner with individuals and communities in Western Kenya to support entrepreneurial activities, education and health through training programmes, scholarships, water and sanitation projects

Sunday, December 12, 2010

water


We have contracted for nine water projects: three wells and hopefully six springs. The spring at Ebukhunza is finished and I am attaching the 'before' and 'after shots.



The people are happy and have promised us a gift of eggs--they have nothing else to give.

This was a difficult project because of the rock around.

It just grieves me that the women are so grateful for such a small step in easing their burden. Clean water should be their right, not a gift from a foreigner. I look at their hands, their bare feet, their wraps, let them shake my hand and embrace me, and think yet again how much Canadians take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment