TEACHING-EMPOWERING-MENTORING-BUILDING OPPORTUNITY Mission: to partner with individuals and communities in Western Kenya to support entrepreneurial activities, education and health through training programmes, scholarships, water and sanitation projects

Friday, November 18, 2011

a word from Nancy, our agent in Kenya


It is so beautiful here in the early morning. Dark, natural honey from local beekeepers in my coffee, meusli and Kenyan fruit juice; roasted groundnuts bought from the local market which I roast in a 275 F oven for an hour after sprinkling with sea salt dissolved in water, stirring every 15 minutes.
Fresh papaya, mango and pineapple diced on my cereal and Kenyan yogurt. Brown oatmeal bread. Local peanut butter and a little tin of jam. Everything from Kenya.
I am not suffering.
I beat the 'water demon' this morning and brushed my teeth before the water went off. I think it's still on. About to have my breakfast. When the water is off I have half a glass of boiled water. I brush my teeth and try to rinse my mouth, rinse off the outside and clean my toothbrush, then do something about the wee sink. I prefer doing it when the little tap pours forth its miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment