TEACHING-EMPOWERING-MENTORING-BUILDING OPPORTUNITY Mission: to partner with individuals and communities in Western Kenya to support entrepreneurial activities, education and health through training programmes, scholarships, water and sanitation projects

Thursday, March 12, 2015

several positive only one negative

Mixed results yesterday, but mostly good. I was able to speak to a forum of 100 people who had gathered to learn of rights from Transparency International and to receive free legal advice on issues of corruption. I spoke about the Virtues project and also what we have done over the past few years to increase awareness about domestic violence and child abuse in order to encourage people to work together and have the courage to report. The Transparency International Team of advisers and lawyers have asked for Virtues training for themselves and I should be able to fit in a day before I leave. Unfortunately I will not be able to meet the Head Teachers before I leave but the Bishop has promised to set up a date for when I return. I think I shall give out info from TI to them after the anti-violence workshop. I also have the promise to schedule Virtues training for youth leaders in the diocese and I handed over the draft of the sexual misconduct policy. The first diocese in Kenya to look at such a policy! Together with Read for the Top my schedule is already filling up for next fall. .

No comments:

Post a Comment